Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 99: G is for Goodbye

I have a friend. His name is Garyon. He's a singer, dancer, actor, superstar, Oprah loving big ole piece of fabulousness. He is also moving to San Antonio on Friday. And curiously enough, miss mental basket o fries here is not sad. I couldn't be happier for him. He is going to a place where he will be afforded opportunities that he can not find here in the metropolis of Tupelo.
This blog is usually about self-realizations, aha moments, spirituality, goals and aspirations, mixed in with some discussion about bladder control and boobs, and occasionally about running. Garyon has given me insight on all of the above. With the hope that I do not embarrass him and in honor of his passing (through),  I'd like to share the reasons that I love and will miss, my friend Garyon.
Garyon has taught me:
1. Never stop working at making yourself a better person. Always work at it. It always needs it.
2. Never stop soul searching. There is a reason you say, do, believe, react to, and think about everything; in your world and the outside world. Figure it out, and figure out if it is right.
3. Even though you are a good, intelligent, responsible person, you can lose your best friend's pet while house sitting for a month.
4. Don't judge. Not your parents. Not your neighbor. Not that girl wearing only a corset and something that should have been a skirt but obviously shrunk in the drier. Only yourself. Judge only yourself and leave the rest to a higher power.
5. Always shake what your momma gave you.
6. That while it's not ok to act like you did when you were 21, you can still have fun in da club.
7. Never give up on your dreams. Big or small, they are always attainable. You just have to believe and work.
8. Always be true to who you are.
9. Love yourself.
10. Spread the sunshine. It's contagious.

Good-bye Garyon.

My short insight on running for the week:
I ran on a treadmill for the first time yesterday. Wow. I freaked out. I've settled in to averaging a good (for me, for me)12 minute mile. On that dangblasted treadmill, I couldn't beat a 15. What the H?? But apparently, thanks to a desperate google about the Garmin versus the treadmill and an email to Lynn, I found out that this is pretty common. (?) And if you think it's not common, please don't tell me about it.
I also learned that the only way I can stay motivated to stay on the freaking thing, was if the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders Making the Squad show was on. That being said, that show should totally be outlawed.

Good-bye treadmill.

And finally, something big happened this week. So big, I still can't even grasp the bigness of it. Most of you know our four year old son Jack. He is autistic. He only began to speak 5 months ago. He has made so much progress in these last 6 months that it has changed the way I see and hope for his future. When he was born.....oh screw it
HE PEEPEED IN THE POTTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good-bye diapers.

Song of the Day: Good Day Sunshine - The Beatles
Quote of the Day: Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness: kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile - Mother Theresa (she was referring to Garyon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment