Friday, February 11, 2011

Day 104: The Elephant in the Room


8 miles. One hour and 44 minutes.
Look, I don't post this stuff anymore because I'm sick of saying "well, it's a good time for me.....I should just focus on the fact that I'm actually running and not worry about time..etc...etc..."
I know I'm slow. And it doesn't look like it's getting any faster. But as long as I'm under that 15 minute pace, I really could care less. But I'm actually pretty proud of this one. We went to the park so there were no distractions. No momma's house to stop in for a 20 minute potty/peanut butter and crackers visit. No my house to stop for water and get "distracted" by children and the bed. No neighbors that I all of a sudden felt the urge to chat with for 15 minutes. Just me, the road, and the skaters. And the people parking. As in parking doing things they probably shouldn't be. It was kind of exciting to figure out the relations that were going on around me. Anyway,
I felt pretty good. No aches and no puking. And I finished. 8 miles. I could end this journey now and say that I did something I honestly thought I would never do. But I will carry on. And I will triumph (pumping my fist in the air...ala Meg Ryan in French Kiss.)
Quotes of the Day:
Time is making fools of us again. - J.K. Rowling (for Kelly)
Clocks slay time...time is dead as long as it is being clicked off by little wheels; only when the clock stops does time come to life. - William Faulkner
Song of the Day: Break on Through - The Doors

 

No comments:

Post a Comment